Friday, January 30, 2009

The birth of pickup chimps!

We're two asian dudes setting foot in the journey of a lifetime. We're going to try to change from pickup chimps to champs, and we'll be right here to record every misadventure we're going to get ourselves into. In the process, we hope to cover what has worked for us, and what has not, but ultimately, this is not a blog about techniques or products per se, because there are plenty of people out there that know much, much more than we do. No, this is the story of two asian guys, battling asian stereotypes, our own fears and inadequacies, in the ultimate quest of personal growth. This is the story that's going to prove that if *we* can do this, most likely so can you :)


Where are we at the time of the creation of this blog?

This is Rio here - If you read my complete profile, you'll learn that I've been single for about 2 months now. Until 1.5 months ago, I had *never* approached anyone, be a girl, guy, old lady, pet chihuaha or anything alive and that would talk back, in a bar, club, bookstore or meat market. Does that qualify for zero game status? I hope so. Now, I'm not a complete clueless dolt. I have a decent job (that allows me to spend unimaginable amounts of time online doing anything but), and even if I am left brained analytical, I would like to think I can also be socially intuitive. You have to be, I think the ability to learn is critical if any of us are to succeed in this challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment