Friday, January 30, 2009

Commitment to be out there

Hey guys, Rio here. It's about 5.11pm on a friday night. Me and Scampi made plans to go out to the City and sarge. In the about two months we've known each other, we must have gone out to bars maybe 6-7 times. I'll have to fill in the backstory on some of those (non)adventures on a later post. I just wanted to have it on record that even though we're meeting all of 4 hours from now, I'm already suffering from some anxiety over the whole thing. Part of me does not want to do this, I've had a long day, I could enjoy myself on a friday night sitting at home watching another alpha-example movie(hah) and eating non healthy food. Tonight we're meeting this other guy who's on a similar path. I believe he's a bit ahead of the curve than us, so this is a good experience to learn from someone who may be using things you never knew you could. Even meeting this guy makes me a bit unconfortable. He's just a guy like us, but I've always been shy since I was a kid, and that fear of meeting strangers has never quite left. There's always that initial dynamic between two newly acquainted people that you have to dance around with and figure out which 'roles' you will play. Being good with women isn't something you do in a vacuum outside of normal social interactions. You definitely need to learn how to establish yourself amongst your male peers as well, and if you are well read enough, you already realize this. But, do you do it?...

No comments:

Post a Comment