Monday, February 9, 2009

I suck, but my reality was blown.

Over the weekend we started out at our usual hangout JC. It's become like a second home to us for the past few times we have gone out. Our buddy A. opens a set, and then he brings me in. I chat up with a cute blonde about a surfing movie that's being projected on the wall behind us, and we vibe on that. Was there attraction, I don't know. I still don't know if I'll ever know. I step away for a second to get a drink or pee a drink, and from the corner of my eye I spot this guy talking to the set A. was in. I take a backseat and watch the interaction, after a few minutes, A. breaks away, and tells me that that guy is totally in the game as well. We ended up chatting with the guy, who also had a wing. One of them has a coat with fur, and the other one is dressed like a punk/rocker type guy. They definitely been in the game longer, and it shows. They can go right in and hook the girls, but wether they have closing game, we can't determine. All in all, it was a good eye opener. I don't know why I'm so lame I have to putz around and dilly dally about going to someone. 

We bounce to the Temple. There, I completely lost my nerve, or was out of the frame or any other reasons you can think of for not being 'in the mood'. My two buddies were doing the dance approach - coming in from behind and what not. From my wall-flower-ish perspective it didn't seem like that's how it should be done, but I couldn't think of anything better, so kudos for them, and I'm the little bitch that couldn't. Not one to talk right? We start talking about bouncing, and I'm just feeling like a loser for not having the balls tonight. I make a final desperate effort - I spot a group of 6 asian girls dancing together, and I go up to one, tap on the shoulder, and I go direct: "I think you're cute! are you single?" - she shoots me down with the bf answer. And that was that.  As we're walking to the exit, Scampi starts talking to a guy, and we stop, waiting for him. Right a few feet from us there's two gals dancing sexily, they had been doing this all night. One of them looks at me, and I take the cue to dance with her, but then she pulls back, and I ackwardly pull back as well, a bit disarmed. What I did next tho, was perhaps my little saving grace that I took from that place: I am standing in the middle of the not-crowded dance floor, the two gals are dancing, and I lean back, and I just stare, appreciatively. Give me a show, woman! It's a little victory, but, I didn't flinch, I didn't try to pretend I was looking anywhere else. I wasn't on the corner, staring. And the girl, at least in my perception, did dance for me, and put on a show. Now, I have no delusions that she didn't know what she was doing or that she danced with a ton of other guys before. But at least, this time, I wasn't the wall flower she never even noticed. Yes, it felt a bit powerful. 

We relocate to 1015. The crowd's really big time trance. Not much to report there, except for two things. The crowd was really out there, body paint, threads, etc. It's an e-tard heaven so not surprising. We walk around trying to find some good sets, and there's nothing much. Scampi opens a petite asian girl, who to be honest wasn't even all that, but she was all we could see opening. What follows is lame-ville: Scampi opens her, then I come in, then A. comes in, then we  all leave and then we keep coming back to her. My self evaluation of it: we were being try-hards. We're bouncing around the club again, and Scampi opens this 2-set. One is asian, the other one is black. While he's talking to the asian one, I entertain the black one, and we find out that they want to go out to drink (it was well past 2am and they had stopped serving drinks). So Scampi suggests we go to this Korean BBQ place in the sunset. We grab A. and we all head to the restaurant, which also served Soju.  (to be continued...)

1 comment:

  1. Hello,

    My name is Josh Rosenberg and I am the founder of The Pandora's Box (www.ThePandorasBox.net) and we are a dating/attraction/pickup company based here in NYC. We provide out members with top quality training and help from some of the best and most qualified instructors around today. I am writing to see if you would be interested in a link exchange between our two sites. If so, you can email me back at this address and we will place a link to your site from our page, and would ask that you do the same.

    Thank you very much for your time,

    Josh Rosenberg
    The Pandora's Box

    ReplyDelete